Thursday, September 29, 2016

Tips on How You Will Get Your Target Band Score

Having a dilemma on how to reach your target band score in the IELTS?

http://www.jroozinternational.com/enrollment/

A few months ago, I was in the same situation thinking what I could do to hit my target band score. Like any other IELTS test candidate, I was enrolled in an IELTS review program. Between the two programs offered, I chose the intensive program – a two-week IELTS course since I could not file a leave at work. Seriously, it was definitely hard juggling work and a review class. Two weeks after, I was a bit hesitant to take the test since I needed to hit an overall band score of 7.0 with no score lower than 7.0 in each section. I was not sure if I would do well. A couple of weeks passed, I got my result. I got a surprising 7.0 in my reading and listening, and a score of 8.0 in my speaking. Unfortunately, I got a 6.5 in my writing test. Surprisingly, I was not sad with the result; it challenged me to do better. Since I was busy with work, I was offered an IELTS online review in preparation for the test.

The IELTS online preparation was something I did not think would be totally amazing. For starters, I was able to choose schedules when I am available, so there were no chances for me to be absent in class. Second, my instructor was solely focused on my performance since IELTS online review is a one-on-one setup. There were no other students to be considered; thus, there was more interaction between me and my instructor. Mock exams on writing were given to me, and every single detailed about my weaknesses in writing was explained to me. Both my instructor and I worked hard to improve my weak points. It was really the best review I have ever had.

A month after the review, I took the exam and luckily, I got a 7.0 in my writing. It may not be a high score, but the important thing is that I learned how to make my weaknesses into one of my strengths. The IELTS online preparation made me realize things that I would like to share on how other individuals can get your target band score.

• The IELTS uses a lot of vocabulary in all sections of the test. Every candidate must take an effort in learning a lot of words in both American and British vocabulary to be used in their responses and to understand passages.
• Be exposed to a lot of English materials. Movies and reading materials are good materials to study the language. Studying does not always have to be academic. Find activities that you can enjoy while learning English.
• Speak English as much as possible. The more you get familiar with using the language, the faster you gain confidence and fluency with the language.
• Learn English grammar. Speaking and writing responses depend a lot on how well sentences are constructed and with the use of good grammar.
• Be in a good IELTS online review. There could be a lot of online reviews available but choose one that has the best features when it comes to IELTS training.

Targeting your IELTS band score is easy. All IELTS candidates should remember that with hard work and patience, meeting the score requirements is possible together with good IELTS review.

No comments:

Post a Comment